How to Remove Unknown Password from PDF
It can be annoying to have a PDF document that is locked or restricted and you need to enter the password every time you want to open or edit it. While there are many ways that you can remove the password from the document, most of these solutions require that you know the password to begin with since it is the only way to gain access to the document and change its encryption status.
But what can you do if you don't know the password? There are some tools that may employ the brute force method to recover the password, but they don't always guarantee success and this method of password recovery can take a very long time. In this article, we will share with you two simple methods that can remove unknown password from a PDF document. Let's start with the most reliable solution.
How to Remove Unknown Password from PDF without Password
The best way to decrypt a PDF document even if you don't know the password is to use aJoysoft PDF Password Remover. This is a desktop tool whose sole purpose is to decrypt PDF documents and it will do that very easily and efficiently.
The following are its key features:
- It will remove both user/open passwords and permission passwords
- Once the password has been removed, you will be able to open, edit and print the document at your pleasure
- It is very easy to use, allowing you to remove the password in two easy steps
- It can remove the password on multiple documents at the same time
To use ajoysoft PDF Password Remover to remove the unknow password from PDF, follow these simple steps:
Step 1: Add Files
Download and install ajoysoft PDF Password Remover on to your computer. Once it is installed, open the program and in the main window, click on "Add Files" to import the encrypted file or files on to the program. You can also just drag and drop the files on this window.
Step 2: Remove Unknown Password from PDF
Once the document has been added to the program, click on the "Remove Password" option at the bottom-right corner of the screen. Within a few seconds, the encryption process will begin immediately. Once the encryption process is complete, all restrictions will be lifted and you can then copy, edit or print the content as desired.
How to Remove Unknown Password from PDF Online Free
There are also a number of online password removal tools that you can use to remove passwords and restrictions from PDF documents. These online tools are desirable to many because they are easy to use, available for free and you don't need to install any additional tools on your computer to use them.
One such tool is iLovePDF, a simple to use online solution that can unlock any PDF document. Just follow these simple steps to use it:
Step 1: Go to iLovePDF website on any browser to access the unlock PDF function.
Step 2: Click on "Select PDF Files" to choose the file you would like to unlock. You can also drag and drop the file on to this main window. If you would like to add more than one file, click on the "+" sign to add more files.
Step 3: Once the documents have been added, click on "Unlock PDF" to initiate the decryption process.
Step 4: In a few seconds the file will be decrypted and then automatically downloaded to the computer. If the download doesn't begin immediately, click on "Download Unlocked PDFs" to download the file.
Disadvantages of Removing Unknown Password from PDF Online Free
While online tools like iLovePDF can be very useful in a bind, they may not be a good long-term solution especially if you will be unlocking many documents. The following are some of the main disadvantages of using an online tool to unlock a PDF document;
- The first thing you need to be concerned with when using an online tool is the safety of the file you are unlocking. Most of these sites offer little or no security guarantee for the documents or their content.
- To use these tools, you will also need to be connected to the internet, which may not always be possible.
- Very few online tools will allow you to unlock more than one file at the same time and most that claim they can may not be able to unlock all the documents.
- These online tools are also less stable when compared to desktop solutions. This means that while they can claim to unlock any document, many fail to even detect the uploaded document or they can claim the decryption is successful, only for you to find the document is still locked.
In conclusion, it is better to use aJoysoft PDF Password Remover to help you remove unknown password from PDF document. Try it now.