How to Print Secured PDF with 5 Methods
Have you ever come across a situation where you had to print secured PDF files and realized that they were locked for printing - and possibly even copying or editing? You can still view the file, but it's impossible to perform these actions. That's probably because a Print Password or Permissions Password has been applied to these files. So, how do you remove these restrictions so you can print secured PDF files without a problem? That's easy! Just use one of the five methods described in this article.
- Method 1. How to Print Secured PDF with aJoysoft PDF Password Remover
- Method 2. How to Print a Secured PDF Document with Google Drive
- Method 3. How to Print a Secured PDF with Google Docs
- Method 4. How to Print Secured PDF with Google Chrome
- Method 5. How to Print Secured PDF with Adobe Acrobat
How to Print Secured PDF with aJoysoft PDF Password Remover
The aJoysoft PDF Password Remover is a versatile tool that can instantly unlock any restricted PDF file. Even if you have applied an Open Password to prevent unauthorized viewing of a PDF file, you can unlock it by entering the password and removing the need to enter it again the next time. These actions save a lot of time, and if you want to work even faster, you can take advantage of the batch process for removing permission restrictions on as many files at a time as you want - there's virtually no limit!
Summary of Features:
- Remove Permission Passwords instantly from PDF to edit, print, and copy the contents
- Remove the master Open Password requirement after entering it
- Batch Process to handle unlimited secured PDFs
- Right-click PDFs in Explorer to remove passwords instantly
Detailed Steps to Print a Secured PDF without Passwords
Step 1: Add the Secured PDF
Locked PDFs can be added to the queue using the "Add Files" button or a simple drag-and-drop action. The file will be displayed on the software interface along with details of current password restrictions
Step 2: Remove the Print Password
You can add more files or directly click the "Remove Password" button on the bottom right of the software window.
Your files will be instantly unlocked for printing, and if any of them have an Open Password, you can enter it after clicking the lock icon.
The process is clean and simple but the password removal action is a complex one that's done behind the scenes, leaving a very user-friendly interface that even a child will be comfortable with.
How to Print a Secured PDF Document with Google Drive
Google Drive offers a free workaround to print secured PDFs that involves uploading the document to Drive and then using the Print dialog to save the file as an unsecured PDF. This is how it works:
Step 1: Upload the file to a Drive location with a drag-and-drop motion or use the New → File Upload action - then right-click the file and choose the Preview option.
Step 2: In the Preview mode, open the Print dialog using Ctrl+P or File → Print.
Step 3: In the Print dialog, click Change in the Destination section and select Save as PDF from the Local Options section.
Step 4: Once you click on Save in the dialog, the file will be stored as an unsecured PDF on your desktop - you can now open and print the document with any PDF application.
How to Print a Secured PDF Document with Google Docs
To print a secured PDF document with Google Docs, You need to follow the steps below:
- Log into yout Google Drive account. Click My Drive > Upload files. Choose your secured PDF and upload it to Google Drive.
- Right click the PDF file you just uploaded, and then click Open with > Google Docs.
- The PDF file will be opened in Google Docs. Now, go to File > Download > PDF document (.pdf). Now the secured PDF will be saved as a new PDF without any restrictions and password.
How to Print a Secured PDF in Google Chrome
Chrome doubles up as a PDF reader and it has a separate Print function, which makes it convenient for the purpose of decrypting PDF restriction passwords. As outlined below, you can unlock and print a secured PDF in just seconds.
Step 1: Open the PDF on your Chrome browser by dropping it into a new tab or window - you can also go to Explorer and right-click the file to choose Open with → Google Chrome.
Step 2: In the Chrome tab, click the printer icon on the top right to open the Print dialog - remember, you're not actually going to print the document right now because the password is still active.
Step 3: Change the Destination section to Save as PDF and click Save at the bottom.
Step 4: The saved PDF can be opened again in the same Chrome tab or a new one, and then sent for printing without restrictions.
How to Print a Secured PDF Document with Adobe Acrobat or Acrobat Reader
The final tool we'll be showcasing in this article is, of course, Adobe Acrobat, by far the most popular PDF application on the market. It's easy to unlock a PDF and print it without restrictions. Incidentally, you can also use the free Adobe Reader DC to execute this operation, which is shown below:
- Step 1: Import the locked PDF by right-clicking the file in Explorer and using the Open with → Acrobat Reader contextual menu option.
- Step 2: Go to File and click on Properties to see the attributes assigned to the PDF
- Step 3: In the tab called Security, change the Security Method selection to No Security and enter the Permissions Password for the file.
- Step 4: Once you submit the password, the print restriction will be removed and you can use the File → Print function to print the PDF file.
All of these methods can help you in various situations when you either have access to the restrictions password or even if you don't. But the easiest one to use is aJoysoft PDF Password Remover because of the simple actions and one-click password removal capabilities. Not only is it more convenient to remove PDF security this way but it's also much faster because of the Batch Process feature.
But the biggest advantage is that you don't need to know the Permissions Password, unlike in Adobe's products where you can't unlock it without knowing the password in the first place. So, if you're in a situation where a colleague has left you a bunch of secured PDFs without giving you the passwords or you've forgotten the passwords yourself, aJoysoft can get you out of trouble by allowing you to freely print the files out. And the job is done in just seconds.